If you are like the majority of homeowners you do not think too much about the parts of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or unless it is time to replace it. In order to get the most use possible from this invaluable appliance it can be very good to understand how a refrigerator keeps your food cold—and E&L Coral Gables Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to learn everything you should know about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and if it’s the right time to call appliance repair Coral Gables.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t too many houses that do not feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-have household appliance for a lot of years. A household refrigerator will store your food at the optimal temperature, to eliminate spoiling and slow down harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by distributing the warmth from the interior of the appliance to the outside, using the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call E&L Coral Gables Appliance Repair:
The compressor is both a pump and motor, and it is necessary for the circulation of refrigerant dispensed in the cooling system.
A compressor is an integral piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A refrigerator condenser is found on the back outside wall of the refrigerator and will help to release the heat built-up from within the refrigerator then out into the air.
A evaporator is housed in the inside of a refrigerator where it absorbs the warmth held inside of it, effectively reducing the interior temperature.
Once an evaporator stops working, it’s time to find a professional. Don’t wait until it’s too late.
Liquid coolant is transported within a capillary tube which acts as an expansion device as it cools the gas inside, transforming it back into a liquid.
A thermostat regulates the temperature within a refrigerator, beginning a new cooling period as it is appropriate.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Coral Gables for repair right when a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors signal the compressor to engage, and then the cool down begins. The appliance collects the cold liquid refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes it, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The compressor guides the heated gas towards the condenser coils on the rear of the unit, at which point it comes in contact with the lower air temperature in the home and transforms back to a liquid state.
3. The cooled liquid then continues on its trip to the refrigerator evaporator component, finding its way through the coils on the interior of the appliance and top freezer compartment.
4. The coolant then absorbs the hot air from inside the refrigerator, cooling the temperature back to the correct final point.
5. The liquid then evaporates, and will turn back into a gas, and then returns to the compressor unit in order to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is found in quite a few applications and household appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By removing heat from a single location and then transferring it to somewhere else the cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling your house, creates a optimal environment for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require professional attention? You can schedule repair with E&L Coral Gables Appliance Repair.
E&L Coral Gables Appliance Repair will service most popular brands and models of refrigerators – that includes industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced appliance repairmen in Coral Gables complete training to fix cooling issues, ice makers, issues with condensation, water puddles and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart technology and countless other problems. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
Appliance Repair Cost
Appliance Repair Tips
Appliance Safety Tips
Repair or Replace Appliances
Copyright ©2019  Coral Gables Appliance Repair